OSX 10.10.2 is now LIVE - discuss here...

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Out of beta... hit the Mac AppStore and update...

Discuss observations, issues, workarounds, etc. below...

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm a late adapter to the Yosemite software. I just updated from Mavericks this morning because back when Yosemite was released I didn't have time to load it, and then reading about people having wifi issues, I decided to hold off. Now that I've read 10.10.2 beta resolved people's wifi issues, when it was released yesterday I decided today would be "thee" Yosemite day. Overall, the install took about 40ish minutes from beginning to end, and I do like the new icons along with the additional perks in the notification center.

One question I do have though.....I've figured out that when there's a black dot under an icon in my dock that there is something new (new notification). Now, since the update, my Finder icon has a black dot. I've opened up the app but cannot seem to figure out what I'm missing. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions of what I could be be over looking? TIA for any help.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
The dots took the place of what appeared to be a little light shining up on the icon to indicated it was open.

Thanks Karen. That little light that your talking about I've honestly never noticed....then again my vision isn't what it used to be either, and I do struggle with color issues as well.

dimitrist

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
my only complain while on beta was the slow loading pages in safari and random safari lock ups, it seems to be ok now.
Only time will tell.

rgough305

May 6, 2014
Visit site
I updated to the newest version yesterday and along with that installed a new external hard drive. I can't say if this issue is attributed to the update or what it is.. but what happens is when I plug in my WD ext HD to my Mac Mini the notification icons at the top right disappear (time, user name, notifications, etc), then reappear for a second then disappear again repeatedly until I unplug the external HD. I've formatted the drive, still same results. Anyone have any recommendations for this?

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
No issues so far after updating my MBA. One of the bug fixes was web pages loading faster that's fixed. I thought the issue was my home wifi network.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I was experiencing random lockups - stuff that pointed to graphics issues - during the late betas. So far, I’ve only seen one lock up in about 2 days with the 10.10.2 release. The betas were locking up 3-4 times per day. #whew

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had much time to sit and browse much with the new OSX, but one thing I can say.....I don't really like the new boot up screen with the Apple and loading bar. It's just a cosmetic thing, but hey it matters to me lol. Oh well !! If that's all I can complain about, then life isn't so bad:) lol

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I haven't come across any bugs as of yet on my MacBook running the latest OS X version, Thankfully.

mnl

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
Upgraded - Slow Response and the Beachball

Hi. I upgraded to Yosemite on my MacBook Pro 2010 with 8gigs of RAM and an i7 chip. In general, everything has been fine, but lately, I get the spinning beach ball more often than I want, especially when the Mac first wakes up from sleeping. Even after it has been in operation for a few hours, response time becomes annoyingly slow. I am doing nothing different and have installed no new programs, so I am puzzled. I have two friends, each with iMacs that are about a year old and they, too, are experiencing the same issues.

The spinning beach ball will appear for upwards of a minute, and it can be in the finder, a browser (Safari and chrome) or an app like light room or Photoshop. Is anyone aware of some setting or config issue I/we can look at?

Thanks.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: Upgraded - Slow Response and the Beachball

Hi. I upgraded to Yosemite on my MacBook Pro 2010 with 8gigs of RAM and an i7 chip. In general, everything has been fine, but lately, I get the spinning beach ball more often than I want, especially when the Mac first wakes up from sleeping. Even after it has been in operation for a few hours, response time becomes annoyingly slow. I am doing nothing different and have installed no new programs, so I am puzzled. I have two friends, each with iMacs that are about a year old and they, too, are experiencing the same issues.

The spinning beach ball will appear for upwards of a minute, and it can be in the finder, a browser (Safari and chrome) or an app like light room or Photoshop. Is anyone aware of some setting or config issue I/we can look at?

Thanks.

I would try doing a clean install of Yosemite if you haven't already.
Here's a link to make a bootable drive.
http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201372

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mnl

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: Upgraded - Slow Response and the Beachball

Thanks for your reply. When I upgraded to Yosemite, I downloaded it from the iTunes Store and installed it. I saved the distribution on an external drive. How is that different from what you are describing as a "clean install"?

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your reply. When I upgraded to Yosemite, I downloaded it from the iTunes Store and installed it. I saved the distribution on an external drive. How is that different from what you are describing as a "clean install"?

Basically doing a clean install is wiping your drive and then installing Yosemite on a "clean" drive vs upgrading/installing on a drive with the previous OS. So you have fresh/clean drive for Yosemite and no possible conflicts with the older OS
Doing a clean install can solve a lot of issues.
For example I couldn't get continuity to work on my 2007 iMac, making and receiving phone calls until I did a clean install.
Here's a link on what you need to do for a clean install.
http://macs.about.com/od/OS-X-Yosem...-OS-X-Yosemite-on-Your-Macs-Startup-Drive.htm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711