- iMore Beginner
- 56 Posts
Force a restart
I love my MacMini, but I find it infuriating when I use the normal commands to tell it to restart and it just hangs. I often have to get up and manually push the power button for five seconds. Is there some button combo that tells the OS to forget everything else and just restart?
- 12-22-2014, 05:15 PM #2
- 12-22-2014, 08:35 PM #3
Re: Force a restart
Activity Monitor can show which process(es) are hung, and provides option to quit or force quit if needed. From the Apple menu, you can select Force Quit, and that will bring up a small dialog box that shows running processes (apps). Similar approach to what Activity Monitor provides.
Perhaps there is a hung/non-responsive app/process that's preventing your Mini from restarting via the normal commands.
- By haiminh464 in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 3Last Post: 12-23-2014, 10:15 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 12-22-2014, 08:29 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 12-05-2014, 04:59 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 12-02-2014, 07:40 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 12-01-2014, 04:50 AM