OS X Yosemite virgin asks

Gino Guillermo

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Hiya. I currently have a new Macbook Air with the new OS X Yosemite. Coming from OS Mavericks and PC from a few months ago i consider myself a virgin when it comes to this.

I'd like to ask is it now possible to transfer files (photos, music albums, videos, etc.) from my Mac to an iOS device (i'm planning to get the new iPad mini) with ease and without use of iTunes?

Please help. Thank you.

Gino Guillermo

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
But i thought with OS X Yosemite there is this new feature where Apple devices can "connect" with each other thereby being able to transfer files easily via bluetooth or home wifi or some other 1st-party way.

ChezHopa

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Airdrop is meant for small-scale, perhaps single-file transfers at the spur-of-a-moment need, such as having just taken a great photo with your iPhone and wishing to give it to your wife's iPhone etc.

To manage music on your iOS device, iTunes still is your main tool.

midway40

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
I use Photo Transfer App to move pics from my iPhone to my MBA. It has to be installed on both devices and running at the same time to work.

Gino Guillermo

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
The Photo Transfer app seems a nice place to start. I shall try that. Thank you for the suggestions.

As i said i am not disregarding iTunes on the contrary its still very helpful when it comes to supporting your i-devices. If it can be "avoided" then why not. Surely in this 21st century cutting cords should be made priority and for devices to connect to each other wirelessly is (IMHO) a good way forward. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711