Instant Hotspot Won't Work

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Hello iMore,

Is anyone else having a problem with instant hotspot working? I have a iPhone 6 plus with at&t (tethering enabled) and a Macbook Pro Retina. I have tried turning iCloud on and off on both devices and even reset network settings on the iPhone 6 plus yet it won't allow me to connect. I can see my phone show up in the menu under personal hotspot, just no connection. I have seen on the apple forums that others are experiencing this problem, was wondering if any of you are also having this problem?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
This doesn't surprise me because I've had issues with Wifi on Yosemite in general. Whenever I wake up my Macbook Pro retina sometimes it doesn't automatically connect back to Wifi. When I manually go to connect at the status bar, it still won't connect. I get the ! symbol. I have to toggle wifi on and off for it to connect again.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
This doesn't surprise me because I've had issues with Wifi on Yosemite in general. Whenever I wake up my Macbook Pro retina sometimes it doesn't automatically connect back to Wifi. When I manually go to connect at the status bar, it still won't connect. I get the ! symbol. I have to toggle wifi on and off for it to connect again.

I have been very disappointed with apple over promising and under delivering. I know they will fix it, just stinks to have to wait for the fix.