Loading bar at login

applefanboi

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys. So the boyfriend has a question that is irking him a bit. He has the top of the line model of the MBP from early this year.

Since Yosemite, when logging in after booting up there's a loading bar after entering the password. This is driving him nuts. (It makes me laugh tbh lol)

One thing we thought of was we both enabled the encryption during the setup. Could that be what's causing the loading bar?

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I have seen the loading bar since the first beta, one thing I did notice though is initially in the beta I would see the loading bar before I would see my login. Now after reformatting and updating to the official OS (with encryption enabled) I see the loading bar after I use my password. It doesn't last very long fortunately.

diaz2010

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
Mine loads fairly quickly, but the absence of the loading before startup was one of the things I loved about my rMBP...

Bazza1

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Back to the Future? Memories of past OSs.
Perhaps there were old school Macoyltes who complained that with no loading bar, they couldn't tell if their Mac was booting or had frozen - even if, on the MBA, the boot means only waiting 20 second to find out.

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Personally, I like the loading bar. The first couple times booting up, it looked weird. But it grew on me.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
The loading bar after typing your password is FileVault decrypting your drive before use.

Speaking of which..... My iMac set at the login screen for a while and then it said something about opening where it left off. I hit cancel and it loaded my account without needing my password! That scares me. Terrible security flaw.