How to run Oracle XE (11g) locally on OS X Yosemite (without VM)?

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Hello. I want to run Oracle XE locally on Mac. I have installed in Ubuntu Linux 14.04 (x64). But, i can't get to access my ubuntu computer every time just because i need Oracle. I do all my other works in my Mac.
So any help on letting Oracle run on Mac? :)

PS : I've googled already and none of the suggestion worked for me or were too complex to confuse me :)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't know, but would it be beneficial to you if you were to create a separate partition on your Mac so that you can also run Ubuntu on it and have the best of both worlds? Just an suggestion...:)

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
I don't know, but would it be beneficial to you if you were to create a separate partition on your Mac so that you can also run Ubuntu on it and have the best of both worlds? Just an suggestion...

Just that i don't want to keeping restarting to switch OS's and do not want to waste the limited SSD space installing a VM either. I loved Ubuntu and i do feel OS X is just similar to Ubuntu and i've decided to maintain my work progress on a single Computer :)
Anyway thanks (y)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Just that i don't want to keeping restarting to switch OS's and do not want to waste the limited SSD space installing a VM either. I loved Ubuntu and i do feel OS X is just similar to Ubuntu and i've decided to maintain my work progress on a single Computer :)
Anyway thanks (y)
No problem, and thank you for the update. Take care, and have a great weekend...:)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh