Why couldn't i hear from or speak through mac while attending calls via handoff?

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Handoff seems to work for calls and couple others apps like safari for me, between iPhone 5s (iOS 8.0.2) and Macbook Air 13" - Early 2014 (OS X 10.10 - Yosemite).
But, the problem i'm facing is that, when i pickup calls from my iPhone via the Mac using handoff, i couldn't hear the OP speaking nor could the OP hear me speaking via the mac. Am i doing anything wrong?
Help please! :)

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I doubt it, but I don't know for certain. Having said that, iOS 8.1 is suppose to officially launched later today, and hopefully, the problems you're currently experiencing with Handoff will be fixed with the 8.1 update. Let us know either way...:)

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
I doubt it, but I don't know for certain. Having said that, iOS 8.1 is suppose to officially launched later today, and hopefully, the problems you're currently experiencing with Handoff will be fixed with the 8.1 update. Let us know either way... :)

Thank you for your response and yes, the iOS 8.1 update fixed the problems i had with the handoff :)