yosemite on macbook mid 2009
hey folks, i was wondering if someone here has a macbook from mid 2009 updated with mac os x yosemite, because im curious about this updates (seems really cool and a kind of fresh new look) but since the hardware is kind of old (2 gbs or ram, 2.13 intel core 2 duo) im a bit skeptical.
my biggest concern is not performance, which i think i can bump it a lil bit buying more ram, but also is the wi-fi connectivity issues. i still got my mac running on Mac os X 10.8.5 because when i installed mavericks my wifi wasnt working and i had no way of fixing it.
i just want to know if its ''safe'' to update without drivers issues. i know i should ''upgrade'' to a newer mac instead, but i dont have that amount of money.
With that being said, i wish you all a good day.
- 10-19-2014, 09:27 AM #2
- 10-19-2014, 01:58 PM #3iMore Nanite
- 1 Posts
Re: yosemite on macbook mid 2009
I have a White early 2009 MacBook and Yosemite runs great. I have 4gb Ram and a full gb at any given times seems to never get used when checking Activity Monitor. I am having trouble with the Wifi but this seems to be a bug with lots of people. So upgrade and enjoy.
- By xlipstickandbruisesx in forum MacBook ProReplies: 10Last Post: 08-02-2015, 03:47 PM
- By ClickClack in forum MacBookReplies: 16Last Post: 01-28-2015, 01:42 PM
- By itsMohsinK in forum iMessageReplies: 2Last Post: 10-22-2014, 02:42 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 10-19-2014, 08:42 AM
- By ClickClack in forum iPhone 6Replies: 0Last Post: 10-19-2014, 07:46 AM