Cannot send SMS messages in Yosemite

acedzero

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Every time I try to send a SMS in the messages app, it tells me the number is not registered with iMessage.. Wasn't that the whole point??

I have checked all settings on Mac and iPhone and I can't seem to find anything out of place...

Krist0

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
thank you man! I was driving crazy because phone calls function perfectly and sms didn't! I couldn't get why!!!

BenitoC

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
You'll need to go into settings on your iPhone and select which devices you want to allow to use Text Message Forwarding.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
To enable "Text Message Forwarding", both (all) devices must be signed into the same iCloud account and connected to the same WiFi network. You set the SMS Message Forwarding from your iPhone:

1. Go to Settings > Messages
2. Tap Text Message Forwarding
3. Turn on forwarding for the computers/tablets that you want to use
4. Each computer will get a popup with a 6 digit code
5. Enter that code to activate the Text Message Forwarding on that computer/tablet

Last edited:

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
SMS is working great for me in Yosemite. Phone calls don't. Same wifi same iCloud account. Late 2007 iMac.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Make sure that on the FaceTime > Preferences > Settings page the box is checked for iPhone Cellular Calls.

Yup got that checked.
Any attempts at a out going calls fails. If I attempt to answer a incoming call it fails.

SMS is like butter. Great to get my group texts on the Mac when it's combo of iPhone and Android people. If I get a group text from 5 people 4 will be IPhone and 1 will be Android. There's always a stray. Lol.

koerk

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
You must be logged into the same iCloud account on both devices, as well as the same wifi network.

I am and my iPhone suggests my MBA when entering the text forwarding menu. But my MBA doesn't show a code when it should be.

Any ideas? Already rebooted Mac and iPhone. My iPhone isn't Bluetooth connected to my Mac right now like it was yesterday. How can it get its connection back?

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Solved my Mac phone call issue by doing a clean install of Yosemite. Like butter now incoming and outgoing

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2