So today after the latest update to Yosemite when my MacBook is closed and connected to charger it doesn't charge my phone anymore? I get a error message USB DISABLED unplug the device using to much power to re enable usb devices?
- 09-16-2014, 07:52 AM #2
Re: USB Disabled
Resetting the SMC usually fixes that problem.
Try unplugging your Mac from all power and leave it overnight. Sometimes that will reset the USB ports. The USB ports on portable Macs (MacBook and MacBook Pro models) can not handle a large amount of current draw for any length of time once the warning is displayed on the screen. Protection kicks in and shuts the ports down.
Chances are they shut down before any damage occurred but you should let Apple look at it anyway
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 09-15-2014, 11:11 AM
- By theycallmejay in forum iOS 8Replies: 6Last Post: 09-11-2014, 07:59 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 09-11-2014, 09:30 AM
- By Vinicius Albino in forum MacBook AirReplies: 1Last Post: 09-11-2014, 07:35 AM
- By 2garcher7 in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 09-09-2014, 11:29 AM