iCloud Drive reverse?

anon(5718668)

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I installed the OSX Yosemite Public Beta this afternoon, and, while setting up, accidently clicked the option to enable iCloud Drive. This now means, unbeknownst to me (my own fault though), that documents and data will no longer sync to my iCloud account on anything lower than iOS 8 or OSX 10.10.

I'm still using my main Mac with Mavericks and and iPhone and iPad with iOS 7.1.2, what's even better was that this evening I restored my iPhone and am now without data on this device.

Is there a way to turn back the iCloud Drive? I've turned off the iCloud Drive and removed the account from the Yosemite partition that I have created. Any ideas?

Morgan

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm not at home right now, but try this.

Click on the Apple logo in the top left corner of your screen. Then system preferences, and find iCloud in there. I'm sure you'll find iCloud Drive settings somewhere in there.

anon(5718668)

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm not at home right now, but try this.

Click on the Apple logo in the top left corner of your screen. Then system preferences, and find iCloud in there. I'm sure you'll find iCloud Drive settings somewhere in there.

Hi there Andrew,

I've been there and disabled the settings for iCloud Drive, and I've actually removed my iCloud account from the Yosemite Beta. I'm not too sure whether it's anything server side?

For example, any documents that I edit in Pages on my iPad, I'll not upload amd appear on my iPhone. All I get is the 'grey upload arrow' in the top right hand corner of the document thumbnail.

wbkm85

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
you can't reverse it

mine now show up without any issues.. were missing since beta 1

good thing is that it doesn't wipe out your documents. if its not showing up for you, you'll just have to wait. shouldn't have selected it, or you should have a backup of everything elsewhere

anon(5718668)

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
you can't reverse it

mine now show up without any issues.. were missing since beta 1

good thing is that it doesn't wipe out your documents. if its not showing up for you, you'll just have to wait. shouldn't have selected it, or you should have a backup of everything elsewhere

It's not that I've lost the data, it's obviously saved on my Mac, it's more of a case of not being able to sync my data. Luckily, I'm away for most of August so won't be working much over the month- hopefully Apple will follow the pattern and release iOS 8 in August!

Thanks for your input :)