The Yosemite Public Beta is LIVE! Go get it.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
You have to go through the info screens, and after agreeing "I have read the above and understand the limitations of using this beta software." you'll see the code and a link to the Mac App Store.

jordb22

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
I have my redemption code and went to go enter it in and I get a message that it has already been redeemed. I called Apple Care just to see if they had any insight. Was disconnected the first time before even getting a person. Second time got disconnected after I was put on hold while I was waiting for an answer. Third time I finally got someone who said that the code is working but because of the demand they are having an issue keeping up with the demand.

If a company is setting up something like this and is limiting it to 1 million they should have been prepared for this type of demand and should have made sure everything could handle it.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I have my redemption code and went to go enter it in and I get a message that it has already been redeemed. I called Apple Care just to see if they had any insight. Was disconnected the first time before even getting a person. Second time got disconnected after I was put on hold while I was waiting for an answer. Third time I finally got someone who said that the code is working but because of the demand they are having an issue keeping up with the demand.

If a company is setting up something like this and is limiting it to 1 million they should have been prepared for this type of demand and should have made sure everything could handle it.

Apple: How to fix Yosemite Public Beta code if it says already been redeemed.

Vapor86

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
I have access to both, should I download the DP or Beta?

Can anyone with experience let me know how stable either of these are? One of the blogs I read has said the latest DP is stable enough for everyday use. I am really tempted to try out the new itunes, but I just don't want to end up not being able to transfer songs to my phone, torrents wont work, or wifi dropping.

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone installed this on their main machine? I only have 1 Mac so I would like to see how Yosemite is running before I pull the trigger on the beta.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm running it on my main machine. No issues whatsoever. loving the new UI. Beautiful

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jordb22

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
I took my spare MacBook and erased it completely and did a fresh install of the public beta and I have had very few bugs. I can't seem to get iPhoto, iMovie, or GarageBand to install. They download but when they "install" they encounter an error. Also I'm noticing that I don't have the Photos App. I'm having an issue with iTunes Match but everyone seems to be dealing with that.

It looks and runs great for a "Beta 1" lol

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I've been running the developer preview on my main Mac since the first one. Seems stable enough. I get intermittent wifi drops that are annoying but that's it for "major" issues.
My only issue is Wifi too... My MacBook refuses to even see the network at my public library... While my iPad and iPhone see and connect to it just fine... And the MacBook sees/connects to other wifi networks fine...

Vapor86

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
Keep me posted if you get iTunes Match working because that is a deal breaker for me since I use it constantly to transfer playlists and songs to my phone. As you already know it can sometimes even be shaky on Mavericks.

jordb22

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
The new Photos app that apple mentioned at wwdc isn't supposed to be out until early next year. It won't be released ta the same time as Yosemite.

OHHHHH now that makes sense. I didn't realize that was being sent after OS X was released.

I found a bug thats slightly annoying. If I go to Clear History it wipes out all my "Remember Me" auto login stuff for Safari.

Tilman Mueller

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone,

so far it's running quite smooth, except some flickering lights when I scroll down at the Finder. Has anyone else "upgraded" to iCloud Drive yet? Is it supposed to have all those "app extensions / folders" (how would you call it?!) like a Preview folder, Keynote folder etc. and I'm ONLY able to open a .pdf for example, when I drop it into the Preview folder but NOT when it's dropped into the TextEdit (of course! like on my Mac) but.. I thought this whole iCloud drive thing was the possibility to store some of my stuff?

I can't "upload" anything as long as it's not going into one of theses above mentioned folders.

Besides that, I like it a lot.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234