OSX Yosemite 10.10 Developer Preview 4 with iTunes 12 Available for Download

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I tried flipping the switch both ways and it still isn't working on my mac ... iMessage works fine, I also receive the SMS messages just cannot respond.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Guess it's broken .. Here is a note from the release notes:

SMS Known Issue – On OS X Yosemite Developer Preview 4, you can receive SMS messages sent to your iPhone running iOS 8 beta, but you may not be able to send SMS messages.

anon(5718668)

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Just downloaded on my MacBook Pro (Late 2012) - the new iTunes logo and interface is looking very swish! The new ability to edit item information in 'Get info' is much more 'to-the-point' and the somewhat combined interface makes the program seem much more complete or streamlined. In love with the new, pink/red, logo too. While it was updated only last year (or was it the year before?), this is well needed update to bring in inline with other Apple products.

I can't, however, comment on the problems regarding iOS 8 text messages, etc. as I'm not yet using a beta version of iOS 8.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
The new Get Info windows are certainly different. Not sure how I feel about them at this point. "Uncluttered" would be a good way to describe them:

Screen Shot 2014-07-21 at 12.47.14 PM.PNGScreen Shot 2014-07-21 at 12.47.24 PM.PNGScreen Shot 2014-07-21 at 12.48.23 PM.PNG

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
DP3 had a setting in Preferences > General for Theme: [Light] [Dark]

DP4 has changed that to a check box for "Use dark menu bar and Dock".

Interesting change. Does that mean that the rumored dark theme has been dumped?

MorenFaster

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
It looks really nice but... Is anyone else getting 'a lot' of interface glitches and bugs as I am? Just for info: Installed Mountain Lion (via Internet Recovery) then immediately installed DP1 and DP4 update right away. Here are some screenshots once I began using the finder / copying files. The empty dialog box is supposed to be the file copy progress box. Others simply dragging an icon causes a freeze up in finder. In many of these situations the finder fails then to respond and have to force relaunch it. Tried fixing permissions & rebooting to no avail. Of course bugs are still expected, I just have not seen these posted elsewhere and was wondering if I may be the only one on these particulars. TYIA.

Screen Shot 2014-07-22 at 1.09.11 PM.png Screen Shot 2014-07-22 at 1.09.56 PM.png

Screen Shot 2014-07-22 at 1.27.00 PM.png Screen Shot 2014-07-22 at 1.27.29 PM.png

Screen Shot 2014-07-22 at 1.30.42 PM.png Screen Shot 2014-07-22 at 6.55.29 PM.png

Screen Shot 2014-07-22 at 12.10.48 PM.png

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
It looks really nice but... Is anyone else getting 'a lot' of interface glitches and bugs as I am? Just for info: Installed Mountain Lion (via Internet Recovery) then immediately installed DP1 and DP4 update right away. Here are some screenshots once I began using the finder / copying files. The empty dialog box is supposed to be the file copy progress box. Others simply dragging an icon causes a freeze up in finder. In many of these situations the finder fails then to respond and have to force relaunch it. Tried fixing permissions & rebooting to no avail. Of course bugs are still expected, I just have not seen these posted elsewhere and was wondering if I may be the only one on these particulars. TYIA.

At the risk of playing the role of Captain Obvious, it is a beta release. There?s a lot of that stuff that is still being worked out. Just make sure to report these issues to Apple.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
DP3 had a setting in Preferences > General for Theme: [Light] [Dark]

DP4 has changed that to a check box for "Use dark menu bar and Dock".

Interesting change. Does that mean that the rumored dark theme has been dumped?

I hope they haven't dumped it. I'm using it on my MBA & I absolutely love it!!!

MorenFaster

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
At the risk of playing the role of Captain Obvious, it is a beta release. There’s a lot of that stuff that is still being worked out. Just make sure to report these issues to Apple.

Indeed. Thanks for the reply. I had been wondering if others could confirm same or similar issues besides myself as this may be an indication that perhaps some of these issues / glitches were unique to my experience and hw/sw combination or perhaps even failure thereof. best wishes.

iknrisms

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if Apple purposefully "broke" SMS since the public beta is releasing tomorrow and most people don't have iOS 8 to access Continuity (therefore causing less confusion but annoying those of us who have both? Lol). Just a thought

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jordb22

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
I wonder if Apple purposefully "broke" SMS since the public beta is releasing tomorrow and most people don't have iOS 8 to access Continuity (therefore causing less confusion but annoying those of us who have both? Lol). Just a thought

I don't think Apple would do that just because of the Public Beta....they could easily just create a separate build for the public beta...it wouldn't be smart to break features for developers.

iknrisms

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
I don't think Apple would do that just because of the Public Beta....they could easily just create a separate build for the public beta...it wouldn't be smart to break features for developers.

Ahh true. Didn't think about that, but in that case it will still be confusing to public beta users because they will be using the same build we have (Preview 4) so Continuity still won't work. I can see the forums now.. "Yosemite doesn't work. This sucks. Battery life. My Mac isn't picking up phone calls. Where are my photos." Lol

Junior33178

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone,
Have any of you experienced missing files and folders icons in Yosemite? I've just installed it on my iMac with Mavericks previously installed and after public beta release installation a lot of files and folders in my desktop do not show icons preview, just empty space with name below them. I've noticed that not only happens in desktop, but in files and folders throughout system. Getting info of these files does not show "preview" icon even if they are just plain folders, simply not there. If I click on name, then it is selected showing a dark gray rounded corner square, indicating that folder or file is selected.

Any thoughts on that?

EDIT: Reinstalling OS solved the problem

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro