OS X 10.10 Yosemite Beta 2 Out for Dev's

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys just wondering why hasn't itunes updated on 10.10? at WWDC it was updated

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
When my MacBook screen saver kicks in, and I go to use it again, the login dialog is displayed over an all blue Lock Screen. If I let it go until the display shut off before attempting to use it, the Lock Screen displays the login dialog over my current desktop image.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
was messing with the notification center and i see social as an option but nothing is listed- how do I get my twitter account to show

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I am also experiencing strange wifi signal - it is constantly dropping and reconnecting. I fired up WiFi Explorer and this is what I see:

Wifi was flaky since DP1 so they prob haven't totally got it working yet. Mine hasn't had issues like before. I would get Wifi issues if I tried to copy large files (over 2GB) across wifi.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I don't know if it's been around siince DP 1 but Notification Center doesn't shift everything on the screen anymore. It just overlays on top of whatever you are working in. I wanted this since NC was introduced 😃 I hope it stays.AirDrop between iOS and Mac OS still doesn't work for me although Handoff now sort of works. iTunes now sees my iPhone storage as correct instead of all as "Other".

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
was messing with the notification center and i see social as an option but nothing is listed- how do I get my twitter account to show

As I see it, the Social option in notification center is to add the quick links for stuff like Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Messages. I don’t think you can add your Twitter feed, for example, to the Today part of the NC.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Wifi was flaky since DP1 so they prob haven't totally got it working yet. Mine hasn't had issues like before. I would get Wifi issues if I tried to copy large files (over 2GB) across wifi.

Yeah, wifi has been been flaky in the DP releases of both Mountain Lion and Mavericks, so it’s not really a surprise that it’s so for Yosemite, too. But it’s never acted like this (see screenshot in post above).

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Fixed a bug I was having...using a second monitor to play an iTunes video full screen would keep a title bar at the top of the monitor...it's gone in this release...

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Beta 2 of Yosemite is pretty darn good unlike iOS beta 2 which is so darn buggy.

I couldn't agree more! In fact Beta 2 of Yosemite is strong enough to be my daily driver ... Still find my machine warming up on youtube videos, but not as hot as it was with Beta 1 ... Also noticed that my battery life dramatically improved.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
My early 2011 MBP has been running pretty darn hot. Hearing the fans kick on like never before.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods