Yosemite + VMware Fusion

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone got this to work? I've successfully built the ISO. However, it starts the install but fails. Withe unspecified error

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
I got it working after re-downloading the installer again. Didn't need to create the ISO either. Running fine in Fusion 6.

Kenneth Adams1

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone got this to work? I've successfully built the ISO. However, it starts the install but fails. Withe unspecified error

Since you refer to an ISO file, it sounds like you were trying to create an ISO disk image of Yosemite in order to create a new VM from it or to mount it as a drive in the VM.

Just in case FYI for everyone - With VMware Fusino 6.0.3 you can install Yosemite directly from the .APP file downloaded from the Mac App Store, in to a new VM and to upgrade Mavericks in a VM. I fully tested this and several other related issues.

I wrote a blog article about testing Yosemite and VMware Fusion where I detail out the steps you can take to install Mac OS X Yosemite betas in virtual machines in VMware Fusion and on partitions, my testing results, recommendations on high performance USB 3 flash drives, backups with Time Machine and more. I hope you find it useful and share any discoveries and insights that you have.

The article's URL is:
Now EVERYbodys Got One.com: How To Safely Test OS X Yosemite Beta

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
Since you refer to an ISO file, it sounds like you were trying to create an ISO disk image of Yosemite in order to create a new VM from it or to mount it as a drive in the VM.

Just in case FYI for everyone - With VMware Fusino 6.0.3 you can install Yosemite directly from the .APP file downloaded from the Mac App Store, in to a new VM and to upgrade Mavericks in a VM. I fully tested this and several other related issues.

I wrote a blog article about testing Yosemite and VMware Fusion where I detail out the steps you can take to install Mac OS X Yosemite betas in virtual machines in VMware Fusion and on partitions, my testing results, recommendations on high performance USB 3 flash drives, backups with Time Machine and more. I hope you find it useful and share any discoveries and insights that you have.

The article's URL is:
Now EVERYbodys Got One.com: How To Safely Test OS X Yosemite Beta

Ken, this is exactly what I did. I did find that the ISO was no longer necessary.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2