Apple Mail app(7.3) import mail

meashishnd

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
want to import old archive mails from outlook for mac 2011
i trying to 2 steps
1. i drag folder from outlook for mac to desktop its format .mbox when i import in mail app its shown under import folder but all mails get corrupted not show in original format , also its import something less mail then original folder.

2. import old archive outlook pst files in to Thunderbird mail, after that i import full thunderbird profile in to mail app, in that mails are show in original format perfectly, it this seen something mails are not showing but when search in app they r appear as conversions and in other folders

what is best way to sort out my needs , want outlook for mac 2011 archive mails in apple mail app.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
want to import old archive mails from outlook for mac 2011
i trying to 2 steps
1. i drag folder from outlook for mac to desktop its format .mbox when i import in mail app its shown under import folder but all mails get corrupted not show in original format , also its import something less mail then original folder.

2. import old archive outlook pst files in to Thunderbird mail, after that i import full thunderbird profile in to mail app, in that mails are show in original format perfectly, it this seen something mails are not showing but when search in app they r appear as conversions and in other folders

what is best way to sort out my needs , want outlook for mac 2011 archive mails in apple mail app.

If you go to Setting - Mail, Contact, Calendars, and then scroll down to the "Mail" section, disable the "Organize By Thread" option. Afterwards, your mail will no longer appear as conversations.