Running Open DNS Dynamic IP updater during sleep mode
I am running Mavericks on my MacBook Air Mid 2013 model.
For my home Wi-Fi modem and router, I had set up Open DNS account. Since mine is dynamic IP, I have also set up DNS IP Updater in mac and it works fine.
The issue is whenever I close MacBook, it goes to sleep mode and also the Dynamic IP updater. So after a change in IP of modem (may be due to power on-off cycle), Open DNS no longer works obviously as Open DNS server don't have the latest IP.
Since I cannot change to static IP as my ISP is not providing, the only option left is to run IP updater without stop.
How can I run this particular program even during sleep in my MacBook with Maverick?
(I did 'always on' and 'always lid open' methods but understand these are not pure technical solutions )
Thanks for help
- 07-19-2014, 08:10 AM #2
- By cstrienen in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 9Last Post: 07-19-2014, 09:57 AM
- By hydrogen3 in forum PoliticsReplies: 3Last Post: 07-19-2014, 09:40 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-18-2014, 12:24 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-18-2014, 10:57 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 07-18-2014, 09:10 AM