- iMore Pro
- 666 Posts
I have used OSX since Tiger when I bought a white MacBook in college before graduation. After using two Windows XP machines, I was ready for a change. Seven years later the thing still runs well with hiccups here and there to show its age. That said, and this could be my imagination, but I feel Mavericks to be rather buggy compared to Lion running on my MacBook. The system locking up more, odd occurrences of the bottom bar disappearing per the screen shot below, switching users not being fluid, general use not having the same feel , etc. I'm now using Mavericks on a new iMac that I bought last month, and I actually feel Lion to be more polished of an experience than Mavericks. Is it just me? Is there something I can do to help the situation?
- 05-14-2014, 07:16 AM #2
Re: Generation gap
I have a white MacBook (early 2009 model) running OS X Mavericks, and surprisingly, it works well. It's still speedy, and stable, however, I do experience the spinning wheel more than I'd like to, but it still doesn't take away from the overall experience - at least not in my regard. Right now, the display is shot and I've got it connected to an external display. I'll replace it one of these days...
- By Slammers08 in forum Marketplace ArchiveReplies: 8Last Post: 05-04-2014, 03:13 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 04-22-2014, 12:00 PM
- By curvezzz in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 2Last Post: 04-20-2014, 04:54 PM
- By Septembersrain in forum Marketplace ArchiveReplies: 13Last Post: 04-13-2014, 06:29 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 04-10-2014, 06:42 PM