Generation gap

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I have used OSX since Tiger when I bought a white MacBook in college before graduation. After using two Windows XP machines, I was ready for a change. Seven years later the thing still runs well with hiccups here and there to show its age. That said, and this could be my imagination, but I feel Mavericks to be rather buggy compared to Lion running on my MacBook. The system locking up more, odd occurrences of the bottom bar disappearing per the screen shot below, switching users not being fluid, general use not having the same feel , etc. I'm now using Mavericks on a new iMac that I bought last month, and I actually feel Lion to be more polished of an experience than Mavericks. Is it just me? Is there something I can do to help the situation?

View attachment 56423

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-05-03 at 8.13.42.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-05-03 at 8.13.42.jpg
    723.8 KB · Views: 10

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have a white MacBook (early 2009 model) running OS X Mavericks, and surprisingly, it works well. It's still speedy, and stable, however, I do experience the spinning wheel more than I'd like to, but it still doesn't take away from the overall experience - at least not in my regard. Right now, the display is shot and I've got it connected to an external display. I'll replace it one of these days...:)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2