What fixes do you want to see in the next build of Mavericks?

Chris Parsons

Oct 30, 2007
Visit site
The slow, painful, agonizing speed of which "Quick Look" works. It's supposed to offer quick looks at images but really it's faster to just open up Adobe Photoshop these days. I take a lot of pictures and quick look was always great but now, not so much.

Peter Cohen

iMore staff
Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
I'd like to see Notification Center able to remap notifications to specific apps; so when I get a tweet, for example, clicking on it opens Echofon, not Safari.

mouseless

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
The slow, painful, agonizing speed of which "Quick Look" works. It's supposed to offer quick looks at images but really it's faster to just open up Adobe Photoshop these days. I take a lot of pictures and quick look was always great but now, not so much.

Can I second this? Sadly, I think QuickLook is on the way out. Runs like a dog and won't even preview some (apparently considered obsolete) types of .mov or even .mp4, anymore. Too user friendly, and too much trouble to keep working as Apple drops support for files. QuickLook is one of OSX for Mac's best features… so it must go! The nerds are taking over the OS… it all started with dot file extensions - utterly clueless why Mac OS was good.

mouseless

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Mail & Gmail. There's something seriously wrong there, and multiple patches kind of proves, Apple doesn't know how to fix it. Mavericks Mail is currently adding >2GB per day to my internet usage, and I can only account for 200MB.

Mavericks is so close to being a deal breaker for me (supporting 3 Macs in the household). As a free upgrade, the price was WAY too high, for me. I've waste days over Mavericks.

abazigal

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I would like to see Safari able to "remember" my default zoom preferences the way Google does.

Another option is to increase the font size of headers in OSX, which still remain pitifully small on my 27" iMac.

Fix iCloud keychain, so it doesn't automatically sync my wifi passwords across all my devices. It also has some baffling limitations (why can't I generate passwords on my IOS devices?) and doesn't always offer to save my passwords, which leads to potentially disastrous consequences like logging into a website with a randomly generated password without saving it, so I don't even know what my own password is.

Add a few other options which are missing for no good reason, like the ability to mass-convert MS-word files to pdf via automator.

These sort of stuff.

stooovie

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Dual displays confusion. Apps reset their positions between displays and between Spaces all the time. Even Apples own SW like FCPX - windows on sedondary display gets routinely lost.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
The reminders app looks very outdated IMO. I also back up the quick look and the notifications center opening on an app, and when I hit a notification it deletes it because I don't know if its me but even though I've seen them all, they stay there until I delete them manually.