Benefits of reformatting and reinstalling OS X on MacBook Air. I need disk space.
I have 2.17GB available of 120.14GB total on a 2011 MacBook Air running OS X v.10.11.4. I don't have space to update to the latest
OS version. I have a recent Time Machine backup on a HD connected to the USB port. I don't know if reformatting and reinstalling
will restore some of my disk space.
Last edited by pr1nce; 06-22-2016 at 10:37 AM. Reason: Removed email address
- 06-22-2016, 01:34 PM #2
- 4,120 Posts
Re: Benefits of reformatting and reinstalling OS X on MacBook Air, I need disk space!?
Welcome to iMore!
Formatting and reinstalling from a Time Machine backup is going to do very little for you. What you really need to do is either delete some things or put some of it on an external drive that you can access it from.
- By J Dubbs in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 17Last Post: 06-24-2016, 10:54 PM
- By Jeremy_78 in forum iOS 10Replies: 3Last Post: 06-23-2016, 06:38 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 4Last Post: 06-23-2016, 11:57 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 06-22-2016, 10:15 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 06-22-2016, 06:12 AM