- iMore Nanite
- 2 Posts
Function keys and fn key not responsive
Hey guys - I posted this issue on [redacted], but I thought I'd ask here as well. I have a 2012 MacBook Pro running El Capitan, and my function keys, and the fn key on my wireless keyboard stopped responding several weeks ago. Initially, I thought it was the keyboard, so I bought a new Magic Keyboard, but the issue persisted. I tried switching to the Guest account on my system, but the problem showed up there as well, suggesting that there's a setting or something on the system level that is causing the issue. I then tried restarting in Safe mode, and this time, the keyboard worked fine. I tried resetting the NVRAM and the SMC, but that didn't help. I'm sure there's a preferences file that I can trash that will fix everything - any suggestions? Thanks!
Last edited by Just_Me_D; 12-24-2015 at 09:49 AM.
- 12-26-2015, 02:43 AM #2
Re: Function keys and fn key not responsive
Try the following and see what you get
- Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
- From the View menu, choose Keyboard.
- Click the Keyboard tab if it is not already selected
- Enable "Use all F1, F2, etc. keys as standard function keys."
- By iMore Question in forum Apple WatchReplies: 10Last Post: 01-14-2016, 07:43 AM
- By iMore Question in forum iMacReplies: 2Last Post: 12-26-2015, 01:22 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 12-24-2015, 10:53 AM
- By iMore Question in forum iPadReplies: 1Last Post: 12-24-2015, 06:59 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 12-23-2015, 10:22 PM