What are the advantages of Mac's?

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
So, for all my computing life ive always been a windows user. We have never owned a mac and the only time ive ever used one was during some college radio production classes. But now im looking to finally get my first computer that I personally own and im debating a few options.

Im looking for a laptop and right now im deciding between a Windows machine or a Macbook. A few disclaimer first though. I dont have much of a software investment in windows even though ive used it for years. ive only ever used the family computer and that was for web, documents, and media. of which I didnt have to buy programs for. I only own a few PC games, but im unsure if id even want to play those on a laptop as oppose to just building a gaming PC. Plus I dont think im willing to spend the money needed for a quality windows gaming laptop.

I also do own a iPhone 5S (Soon to be 6 Plus), iPad 4, and Apple TV. Although I dont use the Apple TV really anymore since I got my Roku 3.

Part of me feels a little weird purchasing a Windows laptop due to the fact I already own some iOS devices and I would get added functionality between them. But I personaly dont know how much id actually use the continuity features. I dont type documents often enough to really benefit from the pick up from anywhere document feature that continuity offers. Also, I dont receive texts or calls enough to really care about getting those on the Mac. So im wondering what advantages the Mac would have over Windows for me then, something ive been using that (windows) for years and im used to it.

But again, im fully open to different options. Personaly ive tried android over and over again but still dont like it quite as much as iOS. But I dont know if that should also dictate my computer purchase or not.

What do you guys think?

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
For me the advantages are: never have to worry about any maintenance whatsoever.
Build quality is superb!
The iWork/iLife suite gives you a lot of software for free that you would have to buy on other platforms, in addition to free software updates.
The integration with iOS is awesome.
Those are just a few reasons why I like Macs/OS X over other platforms.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Crapatalk

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
For me the advantages are: never have to worry about any maintenance whatsoever.
Build quality is superb!
The iWork/iLife suite gives you a lot of software for free that you would have to buy on other platforms, in addition to free software updates.
The integration with iOS is awesome.
Those are just a few reasons why I like Macs/OS X over other platforms.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Crapatalk

What's weird is I don't recall ever having many issues with our PCs. There were some viruses, but I never had the computer force reboot or anything like I hear some say. I do like that PCs are a little more ubiquitous. I hear Macs things are more proprietary. But then again I guess that makes things more stable.

I do think gaming would be something I'm interested in. But again, don't know how good it would be unless I spent a lot of money on a gaming laptop or 15 inch MacBook.

How does iOS sync with MacBook anyway? I know syncing to windows is pretty lacking.