Odd folder issue I found...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I don't recall this happening before with other OSX versions, but I was deleting some old files out of my wallpapers folder, and after deleting them, the folder is populating the thumbnail view like this...

ZyCalac.png

...I've switched to other views and then back, started a new finder window and even reset my machine, but this folder is still populating like this.

Weirdness. Anyone ever see this before in the past?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Tap the gear icon... and in the pop-up menu... select how you want to arrange things... or, in Finder... on the menu bar, select view - then clean up by...

Last edited:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Tap the gear icon... and in the pop-up menu... select how you want to arrange things... or, in Finder... on the menu bar, select view - then clan up by...

I hit the "Clean up" button the first time, but didn't think to look one more down and "clean up by"...it's fixed now, thanks! I rarely ever use the thumbnail view on anything, so maybe it's always been that way and I just never noticed.

I'd think it'd also be more intuitive if it did it for you, but no big thing.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
This happened to me when trying to save some images to a jump drive.
This existing images and the new one got all screwed up.
Tks fir the tip Keith & Tks Sean for posting it.
Good Luck

BTSee

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I hit the "Clean up" button the first time, but didn't think to look one more down and "clean up by"...it's fixed now, thanks! I rarely ever use the thumbnail view on anything, so maybe it's always been that way and I just never noticed.

Since this issue seems cleared up, please excuse the thread highjack: what exactly do Clean Up & Clean Up By do?

Thanks.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site

It's always been this way ... One of the things that has bothered me after being a long time windows user.