Mavericks Quirks or What I've found so far.
This is a quick cut-n-paste from my notes, so not my best prose.
- in Safari, setting a keyboard shortcut for Share>Facebook, matches 'Facebook' in History, so it's no longer useable.
- on multiple displays, some apps in the menu bar with Hot Key accessibility don't necessarily open on the active screen, or the 'main' screen. Notably Fantastical, Evernote, Day One. And Evernote refuses to be moved. The fix was to go into System Preferences>Displays>Arrangement, and move the Menu Bar to the wrong one, then back to the right one. Sheesh!
- Mail is still a massive resource hog, especially RAM.
- an Applescript which adjusts the panes in the Mail window, their size, visibility, and location, broke. I can't seem to talk to the preview pane any more.
- after several days, it seems to be settling down performance-wise, but there are still definite areas where it gets a bit stuck, or hesitant.
- using the Activity Monitor, you can no longer have the Dock icon show memory usage. I wonder why?
- Activity Monitor will show 'Purgeable Memory', but when you purge memory you'll get much more back than what's shown.
- Had Numbers and Pages installed. Mavericks put them in a folder iWork 09, and then got confused about which one to launch files with.
- the Mavericks update rewrites, or removes some of your login items
- system becomes confused about which monitor is the primary. CMD-Tab will pop up the apps list on the secondary or non-active monitor sometimes, and you can't get it back without doing the "menu bar trick" noted above