OS X Problem on my Macbook Pro

thejerryong

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I got a slightly big problem with my MBP, late 2011 model.

I purchased this MBP as a used one. No CDs included. The OS it had when I got it was SL I think, and I upgraded it to ML using Lion Disk Maker. (I feel guilty now). So the problem is, when I saw that the new OS is free, I downloaded Mavericks right away. After the download, I restarted my MBP and hoping the installation would start. Eventually Utility showed up and it showed Re-install Mountain Lion, when I tried to re-install ML, a prompt came up saying that my Apple ID has no Mountain Lion purchased. So I was stuck. I can't buy ML on the Appstore since it's not there anymore, and I can't update to Mavericks.

So I'm back to my little usb with ML on it. I'm just wondering how can I upgrade to Mavericks, if I don't have a Snow Leopard CD, and can't buy Lion/ML on the Appstore anymore.

Thank you.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi, I got a slightly big problem with my MBP, late 2011 model.

I purchased this MBP as a used one. No CDs included. The OS it had when I got it was SL I think, and I upgraded it to ML using Lion Disk Maker. (I feel guilty now). So the problem is, when I saw that the new OS is free, I downloaded Mavericks right away. After the download, I restarted my MBP and hoping the installation would start. Eventually Utility showed up and it showed Re-install Mountain Lion, when I tried to re-install ML, a prompt came up saying that my Apple ID has no Mountain Lion purchased. So I was stuck. I can't buy ML on the Appstore since it's not there anymore, and I can't update to Mavericks.

So I'm back to my little usb with ML on it. I'm just wondering how can I upgrade to Mavericks, if I don't have a Snow Leopard CD, and can't buy Lion/ML on the Appstore anymore.

Thank you.

If you have a copy of the Mavericks installer, this might help...

How to make your own bootable OS X 10.9 Mavericks USB install drive | Ars Technica

thejerryong

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Cool thanks for this! Appreciate that. Will give it a shot too.

On the other hand, I felt like installing OS X the right way now and not illegally haha. But still thanks for that.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Cool thanks for this! Appreciate that. Will give it a shot too.

On the other hand, I felt like installing OS X the right way now and not illegally haha. But still thanks for that.

I’m not sure that there is anything illegal about installing Mavericks. Since there is no charge to run Mavericks ("free" license), I don’t see an issue... if, on the other hand we were talking about installing, say Mountain Lion, without paying the $19 license fee, well, that would be a totally different issue.

thejerryong

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Well yea, running on ML without paying $19.99 is what I meant. I probably have to buy ML and re-install, although I'm running it now. Then update to Mavericks through the Appstore.

Again thanks for your great help. Looking on DiskMaker X now.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2