OS X 10.10 codenamed Syrah, anyone want to bet it's going to look more like iOS 7?

Bazza1

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Dear god, I hope not.

I finally moved full-time over to Mac when Microsoft foisted fruit-coloured, touch-sensitive icons and active desktop upon Win 8. If I wanted a toy computer OS, I'd have stayed there - or bought a child's Leapfrog.

iOS 7 is fine in a mobile environment where icons are very simple visual Qs to apps, and as you try and make an old OS look new (and borrow - sorry, re-imagine - liberally from Android) and I 'get' that Apple no longer considers itself a computer company anymore, but let's avoid lowering the OS bar so far as to assume users have a limited attention span.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
You can already see the transition starting to happen in Mavericks. If you bring up the Launchpad which used to be a Linen background it is now translucent like the Notification Center in iOS 7. Apple has kept the mobile OS (iOS) and the desktop OS (OS X) separate unlike others who have just taken one and slapped it on everything ie. Windows 8. So I wouldn't go freaking out thinking OS X is about to become iOS anytime soon. They have been taking things from iOS and putting it on OS X when it makes sense like (Notes, Reminders, Maps, iBooks, etc.) so I have confidence they are going to draw a line where it needs to be. They may make OS X a little bit more gamified as Rene is apt to say, they will probably finally do AirDrop that works between devices, OS X that will run iOS apps I don't know the possibilities are endless. I'm not worried and I'm an advanced user, will the OS become more mainstream, possibly that is how they can capitalize on the iPhone and iPad market to boost Mac market.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro