Looking for a .pdf Suggestion

BTSee

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm new to Mac and am using it to complete work tasks. I'm looking for a suggestion for .pdf editing that will allow me to insert page numbers into multi-paged .pdf files. I don't want to get Adobe Acrobat and have to pay the crazy fee for this limited functionality I need.

Any help appreciated. Thank you.

BTSee

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
You can do that, I think, with the built in Preview app. At least if you are talking about adding the page numbers by hand because I do know that you can add annotations and text with Preview wherever you want to in the doc.

Thanks for your response. Preview is handy, but I need something that will insert the page numbers automatically because my documents have too many pages to do by hand.

BTSee

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for this response. I did download this for my phone (since they were generously offering it for free for 24hrs.), but couldn't find this on the Mac App Store. I did send a few emails to developers of other apps that were reasonably priced re: whether their apps can do insert page numbers. I'll report back if I can find a solution to this. Seems crazy to me I'd have to search so high and low to find a way to perform a pretty simple function without having to pay for a very expensive program.

BTSee

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I found a solution to my problem and thought I'd post about it in case anybody else comes across this thread in the future. The solution is called jPDFtweak, which is an open source freeware app that you can easily find by doing a google search for "pdf tweak."

It was a little confusing to figure out at first (for example, you select the option to add page numbers to your .pdf in the "Watermark" tab, not in the "Page Numbers" tab, as you might think), but once I did it worked well for my specific task.

My searching also revealed an app in the Mac Appstore called Proview PDF Editor, that is supposed to insert page numbers as well. It costs $4.99. I didn't try that one out since my first find did the trick.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro