- iMore Nanite
- 2 Posts
How to prepare for Mavericks - Slow Mountain Lion
I have Mac mini with Mountain Lion which is running very slow. I want to update to Mavericks (after its release) but have doubt that it will my my Mac more slower.
Storage: 320 GB
Memory: 2 GB
What to do and how should I prepare for the new OS X.
- 07-22-2013, 07:56 AM #2
- 08-02-2013, 03:40 AM #3
- 08-02-2013, 06:50 AM #4
- 08-06-2013, 11:26 AM #5iMore staff
- 78 Posts
Re: How to prepare for Mavericks - Slow Mountain Lion
Upgrade your RAM, and before you do anything else, back up your hard drive.
If your Mac is the model I'm thinking of, you should be able to upgrade it to 8GB, which will be more than sufficient for Mavericks. What's more, it'll give you a decent boost in Mountain Lion, too. I'm assuming your Mac is a 2010-era model - you can tell us which one it is by going to the Apple menu, selecting About This Mac and then clicking on the More Info... button.
Last edited by Peter Cohen; 08-06-2013 at 11:38 AM.
- By Jaguarr40 in forum App StoreReplies: 7Last Post: 07-23-2013, 08:44 PM
- By Massie in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 4Last Post: 07-23-2013, 04:02 PM
- By _YoKolorMeBadd in forum iPod & iPod TouchReplies: 3Last Post: 07-23-2013, 08:39 AM
- By biggjoe in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 4Last Post: 07-22-2013, 06:21 PM
- By iLive an iLife in forum iOS 7Replies: 5Last Post: 07-22-2013, 11:50 AM