Just saw the new OS on the Apple site, now what?!

xlipstickandbruisesx

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I just purchased my MBP yesterday and while I love it and have no complains I also don't wan't to be running on an out of date OS. Basically my question is will my computer receive this update? If not can you purchase an update and if so how much? Thanks in advance, sorry if this is a dumb question.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
You'll get the 10.8.5 when it goes public in a week or two... Mavericks... depending on when it's released, you may get it as well - wait and see.

xlipstickandbruisesx

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I was more concerned with Mavericks.... I have a feeling this will be going back and I will repurchase in a few months when it is released. Thanks for your reply.

You'll get the 10.8.5 when it goes public in a week or two... Mavericks... depending on when it's released, you may get it as well - wait and see.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I was more concerned with Mavericks.... I have a feeling this will be going back and I will repurchase in a few months when it is released. Thanks for your reply.

No need to return it... when Mavericks is released (probably September/October time frame), you can purchase/download from Mac App Store... will be inexpensive - in the $20 range... so enjoy your Mac now, and upgrade with the new OS is released...

xlipstickandbruisesx

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Thank you, exactly what I wanted to know :)

No need to return it... when Mavericks is released (probably September/October time frame), you can purchase/download from Mac App Store... will be inexpensive - in the $20 range... so enjoy your Mac now, and upgrade with the new OS is released...

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Depending on how things eventually shake out, it may be such that you'll get Mavericks without having to pay for it... if not, as Fausty noted above, it's a quick, easy deal to update via the Mac AppStore.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Depending on how things eventually shake out, it may be such that you'll get Mavericks without having to pay for it... if not, as Fausty noted above, it's a quick, easy deal to update via the Mac AppStore.

I was trying to remember the time frame after purchase for the free upgrade... don’t remember if it was 30 days... was something like that... but even at $20, it’s a deal... and it’s gotten cheaper over time... remember when it was $119 to upgrade? Then it was $29... and Mountain Lion was only $19...

Easy. Inexpensive. Apple.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Yeah OP enjoy your Mac and when the upgrade comes out you'll be able to upgrade without an issue. The upgrades usually run on a large number of their line up.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro