iPhone Mount as drive in Mac OS X

meashishnd

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
friends,
iphone auto connect as drive in windows so we can just copy photo from it
i want to know that why mac os x not auto detect iphone as drive ??
i m using mountain lion 10.8.4 on macbook air. :rolleyes: have anything do any settings for max os
i do not want to use any third party tools software for it..........

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I dunno. It's not like you're trying to take files off the PC to put on the iPhone. So with a PC your iPhone isn't as secure as Mac users think?

meashishnd

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
thanks justd and ali,
we can just copy photo from iphone in windows as i can , can;t copy in iphone from windows
in mac i can do it with image capture , its importing video-pictures.
is it possible that iphone shown as drive in mac os x like windows detect drive in my computer !! :sarcastic:

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Like you said to get the pictures off the iPhone you can use Image Capture which is built in not third party. If you're trying to see the iPhone as a drive on a Mac then you will have to use third party software like iFunbox iFunBox for Mac | File Manager, Browser, Explorer, Transferer for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch

This is one of the differences in the OS so you can't fault a Mac just for a fundamental difference. The third party software is free as far as I know and even Windows doesn't allow you a crazy amount of control over the iPhone when it's connected. Sure you can see the folders containing photos, videos but you can get at the same stuff using Image Capture.

meashishnd

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
thanks very much dear Ipheuria
i know image capture is inbuilt tool work very good i used it i havent issue with it also m not blame mac os cos i like it ...
i just want to know that is it possible or not , so asked question here ...i know its not fault of mac ........ thanks again dear.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
thanks very much dear Ipheuria
i know image capture is inbuilt tool work very good i used it i havent issue with it also m not blame mac os cos i like it ...
i just want to know that is it possible or not , so asked question here ...i know its not fault of mac ........ thanks again dear.

no prob I wasn't saying anything bad to you just expressing my thoughts in general :) Did you check out iFunbox? I've heard good things never really used it myself.

meashishnd

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
thanks again 4 answer and ,as u said use ifunbox is good tool for media transfer as i heard and i-explorer is also good ...and so many there...
but sorry to say i not want to use as for just drive ,,,,

Exsurgo

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
This is an older post, but if you have the iPhoto app, you can plug in your phone to your Mac, and sync/organize all photos.

I use it and love it! Works great.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lakeland Ghost