Mavericks Mac OS - Likes

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I've only been using it for a day now but I've found quite a few nice little additions. There are a few things that still don't quite work but I'm sure that will all be ironed out in time. So anyone else using it have you found any nice little things that make your life a little easier? My list of smaller things that for the most part will go un-noticed is

1. keyboard shortcuts - I use these like crazy on my iOS devices and I have been dying for them to come to the Mac and now they have :)
2. Individual spaces - Being able to change spaces on multiple monitors independently. I have a dual monitor setup and run my Windows machine with my Mac. So now it's awesome to be able to
change one without affecting the other.
3. Responding to messages - love this although I still haven't been able to make my Mac pickup messages my iPhone gets and vice versa it's nice to be able to answer messages on the Mac
without having to launch the app.
4. Elimination of linen - The removal of linen from the login screen and the noti center was just so welcomed to my eyes lol. Now if they would just let users put a personal image on the login screen
like we can on the lock screen I would be over the moon.

I'm sure my list will grow in time but loving it so far :cool:

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Mavericks likes

I'm loving the tabbed Finder. I just installed it this morning though so I'm sure I'll find more god things about it.

I do too... kind of. The problem is that I’ve trained myself to just use the sidebar to navigate... so I have several tabs, but keep using the first one "the old way"... muscle memory is hard to shake. :)

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Re: Mavericks likes

I do too... kind of. The problem is that I’ve trained myself to just use the sidebar to navigate... so I have several tabs, but keep using the first one "the old way"... muscle memory is hard to shake. :)

oh I hear that lol

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
How does the new safari handle?

I think this is the most problem for me. It has issues with plugins on iMore, it's frozen up on a couple other sites I'm regularly on. I love the features though the expanded bookmarks, reader list thing saves me sooooooo much time.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2