Do people find OSX 1.9 more responsive?

anon5664829

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Because i sure as hell can feel the difference. It's so stable and the animations are fixed, boot up time is reduced for me by a half and in general it is far more zippy on my base line 2011 13" MBP.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Because i sure as hell can feel the difference. It's so stable and the animations are fixed, boot up time is reduced for me by a half and in general it is far more zippy on my base line 2011 13" MBP.

In a word, yes. I have no problems so far with 10.9. As with iOS, there are a few apps that don’t behave properly, but that’s because the apps haven’t been tweaked to support the new OS. The operating system itself appears to be very solid and polished.

anon5664829

May 6, 2013
Visit site
In a word, yes. I have no problems so far with 10.9. As with iOS, there are a few apps that don’t behave properly, but that’s because the apps haven’t been tweaked to support the new OS. The operating system itself appears to be very solid and polished.

It is far more stable then osx lion beta 1.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I found booting up so much faster and I gained 8GB going from ML to Mavericks which is nice. I only installed it yesterday so I haven't had a chance to really put it through it's paces yet but so far it's been stable. I did have some issues with Safari and a few plugins but restarted Safari and didn't have any issues after.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I found out that AdBlock doesn't work with Safari. If you're running that, you need to disable that extension.

For me it was the image uploader on here whenever I brought it up the Safari tab would freeze and I'd get the beachball of death. So I switched to Chrome restarted Safari and it was fine after but I'm sure there will be other plugins until things get updated yada yada yada. It doesn't bother me any.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro