What do you want from 10.9?

anon5664829

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Personally I don't care about a UI refresh too much I just want them to update the graphics drivers for my HD 3000 MBP and new version of open GL plus over all stability and speed enhancements. that and i should be lighter on the hard drive.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I just want them to make things faster and better. More features and deeper integration of iCloud.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I like that they're merging features from iOS and OS X. I'd like them to continue this OS unification.

That's the ultimate goal. Merging iOS and OSX to make a seamless experience for all your devices. They have gotten a great start and it'll get better from here.

Safari syncing is a huge feature that works amazingly well. I love having all my bookmarks, saved reading lists, and open tabs all synced to all my devices.

iCloud is integrated now, but it'll get better as we go, too. It's gonna be nice seeing what they have planned this time.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
As a heavy user of keyboard shortcuts on iOS I was begging Apple to impliment it in OS X. So I'm happy to see they did :)
Now the next things I would like is for them to allow users to put a custom image on the login screen. The login screen is akin to the lock screen on iOS devices. On the computer it is much less functional and allowing custom images would allow creativity from users and a much nicer start to the user's experience. They could simply change "Change Background" to "Change Wallpaper" then do the same as iOS when the user selects and image and hits apply they get the option of setting as login, setting as background or both.
I would love Siri on the Mac to not need a key stroke to activate but instead to just be listening for the "Siri" que. The great thing about the Mac is that most computers have power unlike iOS devices which are most of the time running off battery. So on a laptop there could be a battery mode that then switches Siri to the keystroke method but otherwise to use it I just have to say Siri ....
The next thing is not really in Apple's control but I would love to see more services like Facebook, Flickr, Instagram come up with a Mac app which would take away the need to use it in the browser. The experience would be the same as using the web version but with an app it's more central to the experience, easier to launch, easier transition from computer to mobile.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
All I really want is the ability to use ALL my photos in my screen saver again. I hated the Mountain Lion update that removed that ability and left us only able to use a single subfolder.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73