Willing to try Google Keep?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm with Keith on this. I'm content with Evernote, and yes, I'm a paying subscriber. To be honest, with Evernote, Dropbox and iCloud, I really don't have a 'need' for Google services with the exception of Google Voice. I use the phone number associated with it as a business line. Anyway, I doubt I'll be using Google Keep.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I don't have a need for Evernote, so I don't see a need for Keep. I'm perfectly happy with using notes and reminders to store information or to do lists b

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't have a need for Evernote, so I don't see a need for Keep. I'm perfectly happy with using notes and reminders to store information or to do lists b

I have receipts, business-related letters, quotes, notes, recipes, school calendar information, etcetera that can't be handled via the native Notes app and Evernote handles that stuff with ease. I do use the Notes app but for very minor things. For example: Let's say I'm out and about and happen to come across something from a web page on my iPhone that I want to look at in detail later. I will copy the link and paste it in the Notes app. When I get home, I'll fire up the MacBook, open up its Notes app and click on the link I copied earlier via my iPhone. Works like a charm for stuff like that. Of course, I could do the same via Evernote...;)

seashell93

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I won't use it either. Like the others, I'm content with my note apps:
Notes: basic stuff, recipes
Clear: basic lists and its fun to use 😉
Quick Drafts: this is for like D uses notes...website, idea or a work to do; I use QD email self feature cause its quick and then when it shows up in Mailbox I can set it as a to do.

These load quicker for me and take up less memory than Evernote...cause yes I only have an 8g phone😳.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Google just released a new product, which looks something like an Evernote competitor: Official Blog: Google Keep—Save what’s on your mind

I would like to try it, but after shuttering of Reader, I know that I'm willing to invest my energies into a new Google product. In particular I can see how this fits with their current strategy.

Are you going to use Google Keep?

Not all that sure I am interested in anything from Google any more. They start a lot of stuff, and once you get hooked, they yank it. (Medical, Reader, etc). Not going to give them another opportunity. #foolmeonce...

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Not all that sure I am interested in anything from Google any more. They start a lot of stuff, and once you get hooked, they yank it. (Medical, Reader, etc). Not going to give them another opportunity. #foolmeonce...

I agree with you about yanking good products. I used Reader and Medical before they got cut. The big products will be around, though. Keep is going to become the cloud-based note taking and reminders solution for their products. I don't see them giving that up, especially when it's the perfect addition to the Gcloud suite. They have everything in the cloud including email, notes, reminders, documents, even photos.

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm Staying with evernote. I love it and besides I have too much stuff in it to just get up and switch.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

onsenk

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
So it seems like the two major reasons for the low interest in Google Keep are a lack of trust that Google will continue to maintain the product, as well as the existence of many already established tools. In other words, Google Keep is redundant.

For my part, I use mostly plain text files to keep track of info, as well as 1Password for more sensitive data. For the text files, I use Notesy on my phone, and nvALT on my Macs. Works great.

onsenk

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
[my apologies - please see next post. I re-posted thinking that my post had failed, but it was momentarily held for moderation]

Last edited:

onsenk

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Actually, I had one more thought about this. Google, in order to target advertisements, needs access to user information. Currently, a lot of this information is tied up in "silos" - like Evernote - which are inaccessible to Google's crawlers.

Could Google Keep be a response to Evernote, in the same way that Google plus is a response to Facebook? Perhaps they want to drive Evernote out of business with a free alternative.

Geoffrey Horseman

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Well I have been using Google stuff for a while, and the individual pieces are ok, like for example, Google Sites, and the Email with my own domain, but its hard for a new guy to figure. all the individual things Google have, The Drive, Sites, Add sense whatever, all feel separate, there is no feeling of integration between them. as such its like they are created and then left to stew.
I user Sugar synch myself, I like the folder to be available wherever I am, ipad, Desktop Windows, and My Mac, where ever I site down to do things, the files are there. Googles Drive doesn't give me this ease. and as such I don't user Springpad or Evernote much, so Keeps going to be forgotton by me at the moment. pluse I can use the Google sites for my notes, when you set it to private access!

anon5664829

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Google just released a new product, which looks something like an Evernote competitor: Official Blog: Google Keep—Save what’s on your mind

I would like to try it, but after shuttering of Reader, I know that I'm willing to invest my energies into a new Google product. In particular I can see how this fits with their current strategy.

Are you going to use Google Keep?
I use it because it is cross platform look betetr then reminders and I love google services(exception being me loving iMessage and FaceTime)

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I tried it, but its not for me. I prefer reminders. Syncing between my iPhone, iPad, and Mac is the best part for me. Plus, Reminders is plenty powerful for my everyday to do lists.

return_0

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

Do you use Bing then? Or Yahoo? Because, you know, Google could pull the plug on Google at any time…

return_0

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Also, Reader wasn't annihilated as some people make it out to be. It was simply replaced with Currents, which was a good choice IMO considering how horrid Reader's interface was.