Macbook pro help

dweb#AC

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
So I have 2009 pro and it was running the latest OS and tonight I got a the update from the app store, i downloaded it and waited for it to install and restart. But it didn't install, a message popped up saying "there was a error installing the update click "restart" so about a half hour passes and my battery dies. So now it boots up to the back up from Time Machine, download new OS (i started too but it said 7 hours remained)

But I have a 2011 iMac running the updated OS and I last backed it up today, Can I take the iMac backup and use it on the Pro?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If you're trying to install the latest OS X update, click on the direct download link from THIS post.

dweb#AC

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
no you must not have read, i can't get back to my desktop. i have to either restore from a backup or install the entire OS again!

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
.....(snipped)...
But I have a 2011 iMac running the updated OS and I last backed it up today, Can I take the iMac backup and use it on the Pro?
I'm not sure if you can use the backup from your iMac and use it on your MacBook Pro.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
no you must not have read, i can't get back to my desktop. i have to either restore from a backup or install the entire OS again!

Yes. Any OSX backup, as long as the OS is the same major version, should restore fine. As long as you're putting ML on both, it'll restore.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes. Any OSX backup, as long as the OS is the same major version, should restore fine. As long as you're putting ML on both, it'll restore.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

Thank you. I only have one device running OS X and that information is good to know for future reference. Thank you again...:)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73