espr3ss0

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Hi me again ;-p ...

Noticed recently, instead of encoding from AVI to MP4 I could save a lot of time with a 'Demux' Application for the Mac. Then all that's needed is the 'Media Container' instead of AVI with no change to the Video & Audio into an MP4 container and maybe even M4V. Trouble is, I have no idea which App for the Mac to use !?, but I did come across "ffmpeg" which uses Mac's Terminal based command line input. The other trouble with this is the 'download source'.

Any thoughts ? o_O

espr3ss0

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Your pretty much right, no extra coding involved. I had come across "Simple MovieX" a while ago and didn't give it much thought, I ended with "Mpeg Streamclip" which isn't much to run & very easy to edit Video. I used it for the same reasons but now I find even though it has on the menu 'Demux' it's strangely disabled. I've come across very frequently "ffmpeg" but seems too much to install.

If I'm not wrong what your saying, SMX will do AVI wrapper to MP4 ?

espr3ss0

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
By Demuxing what I mean is, the wrapper is AVI as with MP4 but the content should be extractable both the Audio & Video from the AVI wrapper to MP4.

Is this possible ?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
By Demuxing what I mean is, the wrapper is AVI as with MP4 but the content should be extractable both the Audio & Video from the AVI wrapper to MP4.

Is this possible ?

Convert AVI to MP4? There are any number of programs out there that 'transcode' files from one format to another. Google will help you find one.

espr3ss0

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I will try "Simple MovieX", I've been trying to figure "AviDemux" which outputs fine for coping the Video but leaves out the Audio for unknown reasons. I will probably miss on sending a file, thanks all the same.

espr3ss0

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I tried "Simple MovieX" and can't see any 'Demuxing' options, obviously I'm missing something but all I end up with is more encoding. Is there an easy Guide for it ? Sticking with "Handbrake" for now. Also looked at "MKVToolNix" which can switch the Container to .MKV but it also converts the Video 'FourCC' and is not readable to "Subler" :-( I like "Subler" but it won't process AVI's

espr3ss0

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I've gone all out to install FFMPEG :) and so far everything has been done ok. But !, with "copy" for Audio & Video from the 'container' the .AVI file to a new .MP4 file, which worked ok but might have a header problem of some sorts, playing the new .MP4 in VLC works 100% fine however QuickTime plays very jumpy.

Is there any way to fix this ??

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711