Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Ok i do not really know much abouth computers
And i have seen the new mac mini
I was wondering if it is like a computer
Beacause it has like no usb drives or etc
And it is really small

Yes, the Mac Mini IS a computer... and it does have a disk drive (internal) and USB ports (on the back of the device). Apple has been moving away from optical (CD/DVD) drives for some time now, and the Mac Mini was the first to go optical-less a couple of years ago. Apple (and other manufacturers) sell external ("USB") optical drives if you need one.

Apple - Mac mini - Technical Specifications

specs_ports_2x.jpg

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Thank you so much!
I really want this!!!

I have one from about 4 years ago... still has the Super Drive (CD/DVD)... I use it as a media server to stream all of my ripped movies to my Apple TVs. It's a solid little computer... and the newer ones have some really nice specs...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
You could get the super drive (DVD/CD drive) all the way up to the 2010 model...2011 eliminated it (but the USB super drive is available for next to nothing online).

We have one and it's a power house in our entertainment unit, it basically controls everything we have related to our main TV in our living room, and has 4 different hard drives connected to it now, it's constantly on, constantly downloading something and it never misses a beat. I actually use it more at home than i do my macbook pro, because using the computer on a 50" plasma is a plus. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2