Cd/DVD drive ?

IoannisTs

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Hahaha !
I mean they made an extremely powerful and beautiful , and did not put an optical drive !
This is a foul !!!

IoannisTs

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
You can not just giveaway functionality for design and beauty , combine them this is what apple is well known about !

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Hahaha !
I mean they made an extremely powerful and beautiful , and did not put an optical drive !
This is a foul !!!

I am sure that some people will see it that way... but Apple has been moving away from the optical drives for a while now. The Mac Minis haven't had optical drives for several years. The MacBook Airs never had them built-in, and the same goes for the retina MacBook Pro line... it's just a matter of time.

And yes, I have an external Blu-Ray DVD reader/burner, so I will survive... just seems to be their direction these days, especially with their push for the Mac App Store... they would prefer that you download your software rather than buy it on DVD.

- - - Updated - - -

Similar sentiments were expressed upon the demise of the 3.5" drives...

... and the 5.25" floppy drives, too.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
You can not just giveaway functionality for design and beauty , combine them this is what apple is well known about !

Yes they can, they actually did... It's a sacrifice I'm willing to take, I dont remember the last time I used the optical drive in my laptop..

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods