1TB External Hard Drive Suggestions

jakeless.123

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Hey all,

Im in the market for an 1TB External hard drive and I want to make sure i get a good and reliable one.

Anyone have any suggestions for what has really worked for them?

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I have two 1 terabyte external drives from western digital and they work great. I got mine on amazon a year or so ago for a good deal. Toshiba also has some cool drives as well.

Tapatalking

jakeless.123

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Ty for the suggestions. I have lightly been shopping around on amazon & eBay. Seen some mixed reviews so I thought I'd turn to the ppl that know! :)

Jerry_

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
I think that he big brands are worth each other as regards the hardware, so the most important is the connectivity - this of course depends also on the ports that you have available on your device.

I have been using a Lacie with a Firewire800 connection and that was a good buy.

I also bought a pocket size HD from Toshiba with an USB3, which is slower, but still fine.

kplu191

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
One thing to look for us what type of cable u will want. I got the seagate backup plus, and it came with a USB cable only. No problem, but to get a thunderbolt adaptor to use it on my 11 iMac, it will cost me an extra $150 for an adaptor, if I m not mistaken. Its advertised as thunderbolt capable, thats what thows me.
I guess a FireWire adaptor is another option, not sure of the price on that.

Sent from my 5.