Using a fan under the Pro

N0oBz

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I was wondering if it'd be safe to put on of those notebook fans under the MacBook Pro 13" when gaming? Figured it could help keep the bottom cool, but would rather not do it if it's not 100% safe for the MacBook Pro.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I do it. Have for over a year and all is well. Don't see how it wouldn't be safe.

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
It's safe...and literally does nothing but make the aluminum feel less warm (if that) since it would have no effect on the parts actually producing the heat.

saynt j

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I use one from time to time on my laptop (pc) for when I'm putting a lot of stress on it. The extra airflow does help, and the laptop doesn't sound like its going to take off because of how fast it's own fan is spinning. If your air intakes are on the bottom or near it on the MacBook, you should see a big difference. Otherwise, you'll only be blowing air onto the housing and that will do little to nothing to cool the internals.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
There are no vents on the bottom of any of the recent MBP's...

Actually, the retina MBP has vents along both sides on the bottom... but to your point, they're in a place where the fans in the USB cooling trays probably won't reach them... they are right on the edges...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner