OSX 10.8.2 is live

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
The iMessage and FaceTime syncing to the phone number is a huge and welcome change. Facebook integration is nice, too. There don't seem to be many other major changes. They also claim battery life will be better, so we will have to see about that.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
The iMessage and FaceTime syncing to the phone number is a huge and welcome change. Facebook integration is nice, too. There don't seem to be many other major changes. They also claim battery life will be better, so we will have to see about that.

Explain to me how the iMessage phone number on your Mac thing works... is it supposed to echo all iMessage chats on your Mac and your phone? I'm only getting responses to my mobile number on one or the other...

Exxod

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Explain to me how the iMessage phone number on your Mac thing works... is it supposed to echo all iMessage chats on your Mac and your phone? I'm only getting responses to my mobile number on one or the other...

Every device you have synced with it should get the iMessages. How I got it to work was first doing it on my phone. I set my phone number and my Apple ID to receive and send iMessages. Then, when I went into iMessages on my Mac, a window popped up informing me that a phone number had been associated with my iMessage account and if it was okay? I clicked "Yes"; and since that point, any iMessage I send/receive on my phone, shows up on my computer and vise versa.

Reactions: Fausty82

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Every device you have synced with it should get the iMessages. How I got it to work was first doing it on my phone. I set my phone number and my Apple ID to receive and send iMessages. Then, when I went into iMessages on my Mac, a window popped up informing me that a phone number had been associated with my iMessage account and if it was okay? I clicked "Yes"; and since that point, any iMessage I send/receive on my phone, shows up on my computer and vise versa.

Hmmm, didn't work that way for me. Do you use the same email address/ID for all of your devices? I have separate IDs for each... perhaps that is the issue?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm, didn't work that way for me. Do you use the same email address/ID for all of your devices? I have separate IDs for each... perhaps that is the issue?

It seems to be AppleID based... if computer & devices are all set up in Settings>> Messages >>Send & Receive using the same AppleID, everything should show up everywhere.

Reactions: Fausty82

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Thanks guys... heading out now to run some errands, but will definitely try that later... I am not so concerned about text messages on iPad/iPod, but would be great to sort this out for MBP and iPhone.

I got impatient and tried it again... it's working... signed in to my MBP iMessage with the same ID... #pebkac

Last edited:

Exxod

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, if you set up the same Apple ID for iMessages on your Mac as the one on your iPhone, it should sync. I have my Mac, iPhone, and iPod all synced together.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks guys... heading out now to run some errands, but will definitely try that later... I am not so concerned about text messages on iPad/iPod, but would be great to sort this out for MBP and iPhone.

I got impatient and tried it again... it's working... signed in to my MBP iMessage with the same ID... #pebkac

Initiate the iMessage app on your Mac.Then at the top of the screen (not the iMessage screen) select Messages/Preference/Accounts. After you select your Apple ID, you should see your associated mobile phone number.

UPDATE: Disregard! I missed the part where you said you got it working :)