Looking to get a iMac

eejit

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Really want to get on ASAP
But every one apart from the guy in the apple store said wait as they should be updated soon
Help

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
But every one apart from the guy in the apple store said wait as they should be updated soon
Help

The rumors are coming hot and heavy of a refresh of the iMac product line. That means there are at least two reasons to wait:

1. Newer machines with higher specs.
2. Cheaper prices on the current models and Apple and other retailers price them to move them out of inventory.

And that's the one thing that bugs me about Apple store employees - their seeming ignorance of rumors and coming product updates. Clearly, the company line is to not talk about the pending changes and to continue to sell the current products... but anyone as deeply ingrained in the Apple ecosystem should certainly be aware of the rumors and speculation. I've had them look me in the eye and say that they don't know anything, nor have they heard anything about any product updates. If they are a knowledgeable as I think they are (and they present themselves to be), they can't NOT have heard the rumors and speculation.

But again, if it was my purchase and my cash, I would definitely wait a few weeks/months. And for future reference, this is a great site to bookmark and look at for this type of question:

Mac Buyer's Guide: Know When to Buy Your Mac, iPod or iPhone

eejit

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for that I'll keep the cash in my pocket for now
I did get tempted by the MacBooks lol
I had a old desk top pc that has just died and now have to use a Samsung note book work on and use iTunes
I got this iPad and have been blown away how good it it's
Now I'm dying to try a mac

kiwiruss

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I have a friend working at an unnamed apple location who is getting an iMac, but also thinks we will see a refresh next month so is waiting till then.

bravesfan007

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Help

Apple store employees are not allowed to give hints of when updates are coming. In fact, a lot of them don't even know themselves, supposedly. Really though, Apple doesn't like it's employees speculating on release dates. Even though we all know that new iPods/iPhones will come in September or October, they will still tell you they have no knowledge of when the new one will come out and that you should just buy today.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen