Favicon's resetting randomly within Safari bookmarks...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed since upgrading to 10.8 that the favicon's in my Safari bookmarks are randomly resetting back to simple blue dots (but reactivate as usual when the website is visited and loaded through the bookmark).

Now this would happen before when Safari was fully reset, but i have not reset Safari manually since the upgrade (obviously when ML was installed it reset these which was not surprising, but since then, it has reset these little icons twice for no apparent reason and with no input to do so from me).

I did a couple of google searches and came up with nothing reflecting this on a wide scale, so figured i'd check with good ol' iMore to see if anyone else has noticed this.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Found a little blurb about this online yesterday, apparently when Safari's history is cleared it will do this, and a couple of people who use the private browsing feature noticed theirs cleared on its own (causing these icons to be cleared). Still doesn't explain mine since i dont use the private browsing feature and haven't cleared out my Safari's history in ages...i did clear it last night though just for the hell of it to see if maybe it remedies the issue, guess i'll know in a day or two!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2