Up To Date - Got it Yet?

dgrass90

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Up-To-Date Code - Got It Yet?

So it seems that there is a barrage of speople taking ot the twitterverse and elsewhere that signed up to receive Apple's promised OS X Mountain redemption code (see stipulations [URL="https://www.apple.com/macos/mojave/#mn_p]here[/URL]) that are having to wait some time for the emails to come. I called Apple support wondering when I could expect it (I had hoped assumed it would be immediate) and they said downloads were on a "first come first serve" basis.

I am seeing others that filled out the form after me receive their download codes first. If you want to have some sort of "ammo" when you call Apple to inquire about your download of Mountain Lion, check here.

Please post the date/time you filled out the Up-To-Date request and then then if you have received the email with your redemption code.

Last edited:

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I completed the up to date form on Wednesday around 8 pm EST and havent received anything yet.

All of the reports that I've read say it can take up to 72 hours to get the email from Apple with the code. Apple is laying the blame for the delay on the demand... but that doesn't sound right to me. After all, if the demand is high, it's because a lot of people bought new computers since they were announced on June 11. Apple should have been very aware of the number of units sold, and therefore should have been prepared for the demand.

I, for one, was surprised that Apple didn't start pre-registering users for the free upgrade ahead of time. They could very easily have allowed users to register, starting June 11 when they made the purchase. They could simply have started populating a database of user contact information, purchase date and system serial numbers to validate, add the codes for the Mountain Lion update and then when Mountain Lion was released, simply pushed the button to generate and send the emails.

That said, though, Apple chose not to handle it that way and, apparently got caught with their proverbial pants down. Apparently, patience is the word of the day here. It's only been some 48-50 hours since Mountain Lion was released...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2