Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SeanHRCC
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

20 Posts
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts

Default Reason to upgrade OS?

The wife uses a MBP running Mountain Lion (I upgraded it) that I take care of - before spending the money, is there any reason to go to 10.8 now that it is out? She seems happy with 10.6 that's there right now.

Thanks for the info!

12,021 Posts
    Global Posts
    12,215 Global Posts

I'm assuming you mean her computer is running Snow Leopard...but either way, there's 200 reasons to upgrade to Mountain Lion that you can read about on Apple's website. The worth is purely in your court...it was worth $19.99 to me even if they just added a handful of things. Thankfully they added A LOT of new features and helpful little improvements.

You can't really go wrong with such a cheap OS enhancement like this.
    iLive an iLife likes this.
    iMore Expert

947 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,056 Global Posts

I agree with Sean. I upgraded to Mountain Lion this morning and have just gotten around to playing with it now. As my screen name suggests, I use a lot of Apple products and the enhancements of ML really make everything work together effortlessly.

I am in school finishing up my Master's degree and having been doing a lot of digital marketing/social media freelance work. The addition of Notes and Reminders for Mac, for me, is amazing. I had a quick meeting this afternoon and created a list of to do items that the client needed done. When I got home and sat down at the computer, my entire to do list was waiting for me.

I feel like this update was all about polish and finesse. There is nothing really earth shattering about Mountain Lion, but all this subtle improvements really make for an outstanding overall package!