Ripping DVD's

jakeless.123

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I am currently looking for a solution to my woes.

I am looking to rip a DVD onto my Mac so that I can play it on my iPad.

Any suggestions?

I currently have handbrake but is having troubles with encryption. Maybe there is another alternative?

Thanks in advance!

jakeless.123

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
What exactly is your problem with handbrake?

I forget the message that pops up. Something about 32 and 64 bit versions. But it's saying to download a file called libdvdss.pkg (I think that's the name spelling might be a little off) in order to rip a DVD that I have. After googling it, come to find out that it's required for encrypted disks when using handbrake. Call me paranoid but I don't like to just "download a random file" off the Internet. So I thought I would hit the forums.

rich67

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I was disappointed when Handbrake went south for Lion, it's integration wih VLC was ruined and eliminated awesome features like ripping right from Handbrake. I still use HB for converting, it works fine for that. I can't remember the DVD ripping program I use, but it was free and works awesome-I'll have to update this post when I get home and let you know what it is.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I was disappointed when Handbrake went south for Lion, it's integration wih VLC was ruined and eliminated awesome features like ripping right from Handbrake. I still use HB for converting, it works fine for that. I can't remember the DVD ripping program I use, but it was free and works awesome-I'll have to update this post when I get home and let you know what it is.

Here's a patch for VLC 2.0 and Handbrake...
Fix HandBrake DVD ripping if you've installed VLC 2.0 | Macworld

Reactions: rich67

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner