Running Windows apps on Mac

Dark_Blu

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
To start with, I must clearly point out that I'm not trying to run Windows on my Macbook Pro, so no Parallels and no Bootcamp is necessary. I want to run a few Windows apps on my Macbook Pro, most notably the Mixcraft Desktop Audio Workstation. I tried Winebottler and it wouldn't install. I just need to run this DAW on occassion and I'd prefer to run it on my Macbook Pro if at all possible. I can't remember the name of the app I saw in the Mac App store that said it did this, but the price was around $15 a month or two ago. Any help would be appreciated.

iVazz

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Only way I know to do it would be thru parallel or bootcamp. Not sure about the Mac App Store tho.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk.

Dark_Blu

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I got the answer. It's a program called CROSSOVER by Codeweaver's inc. It allowed me to install Mixcraft 6 (which only runs on PC) and that works perfectly. when I get my new audio interface and monitor speakers in a couple weeks, I will be doing it all from my Macbook Pro thanks to this program and my Windows PC will be a gaming machine and media center only. HAAAAAA!!!!! BITE ME MICROSOFT!!!!!! HA HA HA HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Dark_Blu

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
There is a list of programs confirmed to work with Crossover. I got lucky on Mixcraft 6 working with it. I've been using various versions of this DAW since 2007 and can tell you that after the headaches I experience with Pro Tools MP 9, Mixcraft is less more than half the cost of a Pro Tools system and isn't dependent on any audio hardware, although I can confirm it does work with the Fastrack USB it is likely to work with other audio interfaces. Will test that theory out in a couple weeks.