Deleted iPhoto on Lion... want it back.

tyler_zyco

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I deleted iPhoto when I first got my Macbook Pro. However, now with an iPhone 4S and iCloud photos, I would love it back!

I bought my Macbook from BestBuy with Lion already installed, as well as iPhoto.
But now when I go to the App Store, a weird "ACCEPT" button shows up instead of letting me repurchase it. When I click the button, it says iPhoto's updates are handled in the Software Updater (screenshot attached).

Since it is a Lion Macbook from the beginning, there was no Installer DVD for it's OS, since everything is handled in the new Lion "Recovery Utilities" system (which didn't help re-install iPhoto... I held down Command-R on startup, then re-installed my whole Lion OS, but iPhoto was still absent.)

So does anybody have any other ideas on how I can get iPhoto back on my system? I would really like it back :/
Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

tyler_zyco

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
When I go to the App Store, it gives me the option to "ACCEPT" but when I do, it says further updates are handled by the Software Update..

When I try Software Update, there is no iPhoto update or anything available.

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
"With your computer you should have 2 installation discs.
Disc 1 is the operating system (snow leopard & associated programs).
Disc 2 is the iLife suite of programs including iPhoto.
Just run disc 2 and select to re-install iPhoto."

Found it on yahoo answers
If you don't have this disc (disk? whats the difference?) the only other way i have found to get it back is to call apple support.

Last edited:

tyler_zyco

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, but no lion does not come with a disk. Apple support told me that best buy may have installed lion on the macs and then removed the snow leopard disks..

joanthansblog

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
you could try holding 'option' when you click on the 'iphoto' name in app store, then hold option and click on install, that usually forces apps to download again

or you could try this in terminal

/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/Support/lsregister -kill -r -domain local -domain system -domain user

(from How can I reinstall an application that the Mac App Store thinks is installed already? - Apple - Stack Exchange )

then launch app store and download it again

Last edited:

tyler_zyco

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I appreciate your help, however:

Idea #1 has the error message "App adoption is not supported in this version" on the app store window

Idea #2 I ran the command in terminal but nothing happened.

:(

Last edited:

Calebswag7

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Take it to the apple store with a genious appointment, they'll most likely just load it on there for you and fix it really quick. They did that for me for free including downloading the whole iLife suite into my Mac mini I purchased from best buy.