Considering buying a new Mac

applefanboi

May 31, 2011
Visit site
So my current computer is, well... a mess. Since I'm delaying my study abroad stuff for school, I can probably get a new computer next semester. Since buying an iPhone 4 and then the iPad 2 I've been wanting to jump over to a Mac as my personal computer as well.

I'm not 100% sure on whether to get the MacBook Pro, or maybe a MacBook Air... however, my main question is when is the best time to buy? This current computer has gone through quite a bit of events that I don't foresee my next one having to put up with... and it's going to be a good 3-5 years at least before I consider buying a new computer, so I want to ultimately purchase something that will have longetivity.

Any comments, feedback, etc. are appreciated.

mikesa_tx

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I just recently purchased a MacBook Pro and must say that I am really happy with my decision. I bought it from Apple. As for the time to buy, holidays are coming up so not sure if any big deals will be going on with them or not. In my eyes Apple products are worth the money spent.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

CG68

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
With the MBP you can upgrade RAM/Hard drive space for the future as opposed to the MBA. This is something to consider if you are keeping it for long period of time. Check out Apple's refurbished site for some great deals as they are constantly updating their inventory.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
So my current computer is, well... a mess. Since I'm delaying my study abroad stuff for school, I can probably get a new computer next semester. Since buying an iPhone 4 and then the iPad 2 I've been wanting to jump over to a Mac as my personal computer as well.

I'm not 100% sure on whether to get the MacBook Pro, or maybe a MacBook Air... however, my main question is when is the best time to buy? This current computer has gone through quite a bit of events that I don't foresee my next one having to put up with... and it's going to be a good 3-5 years at least before I consider buying a new computer, so I want to ultimately purchase something that will have longetivity.

Any comments, feedback, etc. are appreciated.

If you're a student the time to buy is when you can afford it, and students should take advantage of academic pricing.

Pro for Air is solid state drive, light, portable.

Con for Air comes from the above - lack of port and drive real estate.

All of the Apple computers are generally more expensive and become more of a value if you use GarageBand.

The part of me that owns Apple stock says buy one. The part of me that remembers being a student 34 years ago says one of the most dumbest things you can do in life is spend money you don't have so don't get one if you have debt or if it's not a tool you really need.

Good luck!

ashu44

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
recently purchased a MacBook Pro its awesome my dear i am very with my suggestion therfor i suggest you pro is the best...............

applefanboi

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Well I am proud to say that I'm the owner of a MacBook Pro 17" :) I've had it for almost a month now and I absolutely LOVE it.

I was quite content with the visual changes that vista and win 7 brought to the pc, but I am absolutely stunned and amazed at the fluidity of using multi-touch and how the OS flows.

I am still quite new to it, and still have to transfer over a lot of stuff, but so far I'm loving it!

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Well I am proud to say that I'm the owner of a MacBook Pro 17" :) I've had it for almost a month now and I absolutely LOVE it.

I was quite content with the visual changes that vista and win 7 brought to the pc, but I am absolutely stunned and amazed at the fluidity of using multi-touch and how the OS flows.

I am still quite new to it, and still have to transfer over a lot of stuff, but so far I'm loving it!

I just pulled the trigger on 2 MBP 15" for the wife and I. She doesn't know about it yet...it will be like a belated birthday gift.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox